Online shoppers have a limited amount of information to gauge the quality and fit of a product. Implicit cues such as ratings and reviews assist consumers in their purchase decisions. In fact, research has found that a large number of high-quality online reviews have a positive effect on purchase intention for consumers online. Therefore, most successful online retailers have integrated a rating system and product reviews to their webshop.
Product reviews will help your webshop build customer trust and loyalty. Positive reviews can mean the difference between a sale and a lost customer. Surprisingly, even negative reviews can help you improve your business. They serve to bring credibility to your reviews as consumers can perceive a disproportionate number of positive reviews as fake.
Another benefit to including reviews on your store is SEO. Reviews count as user generated content. The particular language customers use on your online reviews can help your business be associated with positive keywords. The result could be a higher ranking on the search engine results.
How to add reviews and ratings to WooCommerce?
- Go to the WooCommerce dashboard and click on WooCommerce > Settings > Products.
- Scroll down to Reviews and click on Enable product reviews which will activate additional options.
- Click on Enable star rating on reviews to active rating options.
- Enable product reviews: it activates a comment box so customers can write reviews.
- Show “verified owner” label in customer reviews: it identifies reviews left by customers who have purchased the product from your webshop. The label adds credibility to the review.
- Reviews can only be left by “verified owners”: it restricts reviews from customers who have not purchased the product. Use this feature to avoid getting fake reviews.
- Enable star rating on reviews: activates star ratings. Google detects star ratings and may feature them higher in the search results thus driving more traffic to your webshop.
- Star ratings should be required, not optional: makes it compulsory to rate a product when leaving a review.
In addition to the direct benefits, note that WooCommerce ratings and reviews can be managed on WordPress in the same way as comments. It means you have full control to approve, delete, or modify ratings which gives you a great deal of power – use it responsibly.
Generate revenue for your webshop using plugins
Plugins can be powerful tools to help you increase your store’s reach, build customer trust, manage your inventory, and optimize payments on your website. Woosa offers high quality and cost effective plugins for your webshop. We can help you develop a plugin tailored to your needs. Reach out to us for more information.