Most people start their dropshipping business with the common method: sell cheap products with less than 30% profit. Of course, they don’t want to take any risks!
But remember one thing, high risk, high reward!
Many think high-ticket items are worth it due to their higher profit margins, which is why high ticket dropshipping appears.
So, this guide will show you everything you need to know about high-ticket dropshipping, including what it means, the benefits and risks, and the 5 steps required to start your high-ticket dropshipping shop.
Table of Contents
What is High Ticket Dropshipping?
When you mention high ticket dropshipping, everyone has a different mindset about what labels a product as a “high ticket.” Most assume that anything over 200 € per piece is a high-priced product.
There is no standardized definition of high-ticket drop shipping because, in some cases, people may be referring to products with a retail price of 1,000 € or more.
So, in general, we can say that every product with a price ranging from 200 € to 1,000 € or more can be considered a high-ticket product to dropship.
Race to E-commerce Success: Enroll in Woocademy’s 7-Day Challenge for Your WooCommerce Dropshipping Store Debut.
High Ticket Dropshipping Pros and Cons
Selling high-ticket dropshipping products comes with a set of pros and cons. You need to understand both before starting a high-ticket dropshipping business.
High ticket dropshipping Pros
- Higher profit margins. High-cost dropshipping products will give you a higher ROI (return on investment) than the other common items.
- More sustainable business model. With high-priced products, you only need to focus on a few specific items. This model means less competition and less affected by trends.
- Lower volume of customer service. When you have fewer customers, you will have fewer support requests.
You may be thinking, why doesn’t everyone make money on this model? If it were that profitable, everyone would do it, right?
High ticket dropshipping Cons
- Higher initial costs. You’ll need more cash reserves than low-ticket drop shipping.
- Guarantee cost. (Better to find a provider with a manufacturer’s warranty.)
- Investment of time and money.
How to start high ticket dropshipping?
After reading the pros and cons of high ticket dropshipping, you might wonder if it’s a good idea to start now.
It’s worth a try. If you think not, keep reading anyway because we’ll show you the simple steps to start high-cost dropshipping.
1. Select a high-ticket dropshipping niche
Focusing on your store’s right high ticket niche can take your business to the next level. You can find a niche that suits you, pick interesting products, and start bringing them to market for your target audience.
How to select a high ticket dropshipping niche? For these niches, the average monthly searches should exceed thirty thousand. Additionally, each niche needs many suppliers nationwide to minimize risk because building your entire store around one supplier can be risky.
Read more about: Best niches for high ticket dropshipping.
2. Find profitable high ticket dropshipping products
To start your own high ticket dropshipping business, you need to know some of the best high ticket dropshipping products to start your business efficiently.
There are also some conditions you need to consider when selling high-priced items:
- Quality: Lower quality products at a high price point are a one-way ticket; rate items carefully
- Shipping: High-spending customers want to get their packages delivered quickly via DHL or FedEx.
- Suppliers: Find competent and reliable suppliers to build a long-lasting relationship with a decent refund policy and proper quality control.
With these conditions in mind, here’s how to hunt for winning products:
- Brainstorming: We all have at least one idea for a high ticket item. Check out any high-value products you can think of; this is a great place to start.
- Hobbies: Think of people who are passionate about their hobbies, such as skiers, cyclists, musicians, and so many others. What do they need? Also, write down these products.
- B2B: Companies usually spend much more than individual consumers. Think about what organizations like offices, schools, or restaurants would need. Add these products to the list too.
- Trending: See trending products across platforms like Amazon, which has a bestseller section and add them to your list.
Once you’ve added a decent number of products, enter each into a keyword research tool to see the search volume. Remember, as we said, when choosing a niche, it must be more than 30,000 monthly searches, not for a single product but for the set of products you will sell.
3. High-Ticket Suppliers
Dropshippers, whether a high or low-cost business, all have one thing in common: they need good suppliers to succeed.
Quality suppliers who can quickly complete the orders, be available during commercial hours, and guarantee the quality of their products, are the basis of their incipient high-ticket dropshipping business.
From my perspective, these would be the most important characteristics to consider when choosing a good provider for high ticket dropshipping:
- Quality product – It is important to have products that are in excellent condition, this will save you headaches, and you will avoid returns.
- Experience – I recommend they have at least 3 years of experience in marketing.
- Good prices – The price in dropshipping is key to making it profitable; with high ticket dropshipping, a good profit margin will be 30%.
- Support – If the supplier takes days to answer you, you will have a problem, so you must ensure that communication is efficient.
Finding a good supplier of high ticket products can take time and effort.
But don’t worry; we list the best professional high ticket supplier for your dropshipping business.
4. Set Up A High-End Dropshipping Store
Once you have a niche, products, and suppliers, you need an online store to sell them.
Create an online eCommerce store with your brand and strategy rather than selling on platforms such as Amazon or eBay. It is challenging to distinguish yourself from other brands that sell the same product on those marketplaces.
If you search dropshipping stores, you will find that many people will recommend you to use Shopify, and one of the reasons is that most of those recommendations are marketing by Shopify itself.
I don’t think Shopify isn’t good for dropshipping, which it is, but WordPress, with the integration of WooCommerce, is better.
WordPress is 100% free, and the main plugin, WooCommerce, is also 100% free. All you need to start a WooCommerce store is hosting. To make it easier for you to choose, I’ve compiled a list of the best hosting for WooCommerce.
With WordPress and WooCommerce, you can use wonderful plugins. Free and premium plugins allow you to add new functionality to your store without knowing a single line of code.
There are more than 50,000 free plugins for WordPress, some essential as can be Yoast which is part of our list of the best free plugins. And you can also find premium plugins for automatically importing products from AliExpress, or managing multiple dropshipping providers; for this, I have created a list of the best dropshipping plugins made by Woosa.
Let’s recap and make a list of the things you need for a high-end dropshipping store:
- Hosting plan
- Domain name
- WordPress with WooCommerce
- WordPress theme for dropshipping
- Dropshipping plugins
- Other plugins to make your store more functional
That’s all? Well, no, there’s the marketing part; read on below:
5. Market Your High Ticket Dropshipping Store
The reality is that your dropshipping online store will only sell something if you can make your products stand out from those offered by other online stores, most of which are also drop shipping. The formula involves the application of visibility, marketing, and, above all, SEO strategies.
You will need to define and execute a positioning strategy and SEO of your dropshipping products to outperform competitors in search engine results (SERP). It is important to analyze your competition and apply best practices SEO for dropshipping, keyword research, and optimizing better titles and descriptions, for a higher CTR.
Since WordPress already has blog functionality, please take advantage of it and publish interesting articles that attract visitors to your online store on topics related to your products and work on keywords related to your products.
The quality of the content and link building on the website are two of the main factors influencing Google’s ranking during searches.
If we involve the concepts and keywords in relevant content, we will establish one of the main axes for optimization and positioning on the web. This information will help you prepare a Content Marketing plan, ideal for web positioning.
The best strategy is to use SEO from the beginning and invest in PPC campaigns to promote quality content or specific offers. Gradually, when the Google search engine has indexed your website, organic traffic will begin to appear.
PPC, unlike SEO, is paid advertising, for example, on Google or Facebook. What Google will show the user, in this case, is a sponsored link from your website. PPC is ideal when you are in the launch stage of the dropshipping store. It is usually a fast and effective strategy to achieve clients in the short term; even so, it is necessary to prepare in advance to implement it.
With PPC, you can drive immediate traffic to your website, but that will not position your brand, nor will it make it a benchmark for your sector, something that is only achieved with content optimization.
When implementing a PPC campaign, a good practice is to leverage its potential to support optimization or SEO efforts. Knowing how to generate leads or conversions through Pay Per Click is important.
The important thing is to direct traffic to a landing page where you can promote discounts and real offers. If you invest enough money in such a plan, you will get visitors faster and more monetary conversions. However, PPC is not a profitable strategy for positioning a brand name; you’ll be at the start as soon as you eat up your budget.
Digital marketing requires a long-term approach that can only be built through SEO, offering the user content of sufficient quality to solve their day-to-day concerns and enhance their experience.
This guide has given you the keys and enough information to start a high ticket dropshipping business with WordPress and WooCommerce.
Like any other business model, dropshipping is only for some.
You must have a trader’s soul, commercial spirit, and marketing skills to invest all this in your dropshipping eCommerce store.
But if you keep it clear, if you are willing to give all the steps, you can forge a more interesting business, with much higher inputs than any affiliation initiative or other types of online business, in principle, easy to put on the march.Check out our awesome WooCommerce plugins >>>